So this post is going to be a little bit different.
As I opened my eyes to the sun beaming on my face and my nephew, Brantley, shouting, “Becky, come on, Becky, come on!” I thought to myself, “Oh my gosh, why are you up, it’s 6 am on a Saturday morning!”. I’m just kidding, he’s always up at that time. My real thought was, “My gosh, I am so happy and lucky to be woken up like this”. So lets rewind for a second, my sisters fiance went out of town for the weekend, so of course that calls for some extra girl sleep over time. Hence, why Brantley is waking me up at the crack of dawn.
As I sat there playing cars with him on the living room floor, I thought to myself, “I am so grateful to have the life that I do.” One thing we all are guilty of is not being grateful enough for everything we have. It’s easy to get caught up in the whirlwind of life and forget what is truly important sometimes. I know I am guilty of it. Being a sister, a daughter, a girlfriend, an aunt, a friend, a coworker, an athlete, and everything else can spread you thin. Life can get the best of you sometimes and if you don’t make the best of every situation, you won’t be happy. The most important thing is that you realize when you need to take a step back and reevaluate what truly matters. My mother has always taught me to live and let live and that is what I try to do. Focus on what matters to you and the ones you care about.
I am truly blessed to have a wonderful life filled with tons of loving family and friends. I have had opportunities and support in my life many people never get the chance to have and the bottom line is I can never stop being grateful because god has blessed me with so much. I know this may seem a little bit off topic, but it is something I felt strongly about and decided for the first time in my life to share this personal side of me with my audience. Of course I am going to tie it into nutrition, it wouldn’t be me if I didn’t. So here it is for you…
This is MyNutritionVision Recipe for “Optimal Healthy & Happy Living”
1. Start everyday with positive vibes/thought, meditation, or simple stretching. One small good thought in the morning can change your entire day. Its your choice, choose happiness.
2. Create a nourishing and satisfying breakfast. Most importantly, enjoy it! My personal choice is my usual green juice or breakfast bowls. Today’s choice was my “Happy Green Juice”. Full recipe posted below.
3. Live without walls. If you can, exercise in the morning or just go outside for a moment before work. Endorphins are my happy fitness drug and you can never have too much of it.
4. No time in the am, find any reason to soak up some vitamin D. Breakfast, stretching, emails, paper work, phone calls, ect. can all be done outdoors. Take advantage of the weather while you can. Winter is just around the corner, I can assure you I will still be outdoors as much as possible in the snow.
5. Share your passion. No better work is done than work you do with love. Find something you are passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it. My Love, nutrition, but you already knew that. It’s a passion with endless possibilities and no matter what direction I choose to further my career in I know I will love it because nutrition education, medical nutrition therapy, community, food service, clinical all coincide in some way.
6. Don’t forget to enjoy your personal life. Time is of the essence right, there is never enough time in the day. Well, try as hard as you can to make time. The truth of the matter is, if it is important to you, making time for it or whom will never be an issue.
7. Love yourself. You can take this statement however you please, but loving yourself is the basis for a happy, healthy life. It means take care of yourself in regards to your body, mind, and soul. Take care of personal hygiene, stay centered, stay true to who you are, don’t let negativity in. It’s okay to take a day every once in a while to treat yourself to nice things, get your hair done, nails did, and whatever other girly things there are. Or if your outlet is a little more active like mine, go play outdoors. Hike, bike, run, ect. If you love yourself, others will follow.
8. Last, surround yourself with good people. I really don’t need to explain much with this one. It’s pretty simple. I love my family, I love my friends. I can truly say I have some of the kindest, loving, caring people as friends/family and I am grateful everyday for that. They all know who they are and I will never stop being there for all of them.
Okay, this was my one and only Life Coach type of post. If you enjoyed it, I am thrilled and thankful. If you didn’t, well tough. 😉 This juice must have given me some sort of extra happy nutrients because I felt like I was beaming with bliss after drinking it. Try it out, it’s delicious.
Happy Green Juice
Serves: 1 (12 oz)
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 cup kale
- 1/2 cup green grapes
- 1 kiwi, medium
- 1 tsp maca root powder
- 1 tsp spirulina
Toppings: 1 tsp bee pollen, 1 tsp chia seeds
1. Easy. Place all ingredients into juicer and press on. If you do not have a juicer, a blend with work. You can peel the cucumber to create a smoother consistency. Peeling removed some of the fiber content, but the juice is still packed with antioxidants and phytonutrients that will make you feel great.
(Tip: If you use a blender, straining the end product in a fine mesh strainer will produce a better juice like product.)
This recipe is made with organic produce, dairy free, gluten free, and vegan friendly. Happy Weekend. I’m crossing my fingers this rain goes away. Who’s with me?!
Per serving : Calories: 277; Total Fat: 3.4 g (Saturated Fat: 0.3 g); Cholesterol: 0 mg; Sodium: 60.8 mg; Potassium: 1,004.6 mg; Total Carbs: 58.4 g; Dietary Fiber: 9.4 g; Protein: 10.1 g; Calcium: 24.3%.